Monday, October 20, 2014

My husband's new obsession-Protein Cookie Dough Yogurt


 Maybe I am the only one, but my body can only handle so much protein powder and supplements a day.  Seriously,  my stomach and dietary track get so upset.  So I have a cap on how much protein products I can handle a day.  However natural protein....my body has no problem with.   While doing research I came across this cookie dough yogurt recipe.
Girl Gone Country- Cookie Dough Yogurt
Now to be frank....this doesn't taste as absolutely fabulously sinful as cookie dough.  I mean I can eat a WHOLE batch of raw cookie dough by myself.  This is more like a yummy peanut butter chocolate chip yogurt.

First thing first- Make sure you are using Greek Yogurt.  Greek yogurt is higher in protein so you will get that extra bump for your muscles.

Next-Don't use sugar or a grainy sweetener.  You need a sweetener in liquid form...otherwise you get a sandy texture.

Third- You can use alternative extract like Almond, Banana, Rum, Coconut, Maple....ect

Last- Change the Chocolate chip to DARK chocolate chips.  This add antioxidants

Ingredients
1 small container of plain Greek yogurt
Heaping 1 tbsp nut butter (I used peanut butter)
1 tbsp sweetener (like maple syrup or honey)
1/4 tsp vanilla of extract of your choice
pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
Directions
Combine the Greek Yogurt with the nut butter, sweetener, vanilla, chocolate chips and sea salt. Mix until smooth.
If you are having trouble with the nut butter- it can always be heated for a few seconds in the microwave to make it more malleable.


No comments:

Post a Comment