Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The perfect marinade

I love cooking.  But sometimes~~~ I am tried...I do not have time to go to the store...My brain is too exhausted to think...I have no time...

When this happens I turn to my perfect marinade! It is simply and uses things I already have in the fridge.  You can use this on tofu, chicken, pork or beef.  I personally love it on chicken  and tofu. But my husband (yup still married) loves it on pork.

I serve it with steamed or grilled veggies, a salad, rice or potatoes.  Did I mention this marinade is AMAZING.

And there are only 2 ingredients:
Whole Grain Mustard
Soy Sauce
THAT IS IT!!

I use a 2 part mustard 1 part soy sauce ratio.
If you wanna be fancy you can add garlic, orange or pinapple juice, brown sugar, or sesame oil.
This marinade works even if you have no time to let the protein sit and soak up the juice.  You can just cook it.

In the end,  you end up  tangy sauce that is completely different while still healthy and full of flavor.
It is actually one of the few sauces that I can resist adding cheese to.  It is that good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment